This Little Life of Mine


Matthew 5:16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Ephesians 2:10 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Why do Christians work so hard hiding their light when our world is living in darkness? That was a question, which came to my mind while listening to David this past Sunday. David reminded us that every Christian has a “light”, one, which is burning brightly. The Bible instructs Christians to openly place their light for the betterment of others to the glory of God.

As a Christian, God has “conscripted” each into an agency of good works. Maybe not exactly as the world perceives good works, but how God defines as good works. In Galatians 5:14,  “…You shall love your neighbor as yourself”, reading further Galatians 5:16 “…not carry out the desire of the flesh…”

Within my perception, the word LOVE derives it’s true meaning through sacrifice. My “ism” is, “To the degree we sacrifice is the same degree  we LOVE.” Love is always found within the sacrifice. I can love my puppy and my wife, but the degree that I LOVE either will manifest within the sacrifices I elect to make.

While the world "defines" good works, I believe God shows us that good works are acts and attitudes unconditionally and sacrificially taken. That our “good works” are not to be motivated by duty, obligation, recognition, nor award, but exist to shine “Godly” light into dark circumstances. The sacrificing of “fleshly” desires for Godly gain, to me, is the highest commandment, Matthew 22:37  “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.”

I see, Matthew 5:16 saying, “Let your life be defined through the unconditional sacrifices you make for the others.”  I believe true love always points to God. 

1 John 4:7-8, “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.”


This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine, shine, shine
 Let it shine!



Everywhere I go, I'm gonna let it shine

Everywhere I go, I'm gonna let it shine

Everywhere I go, I'm gonna let it shine

Let it shine, shine, shine
Let it shine!



All up in my house, I'm gonna let it shine

All up in my house, I'm gonna let it shine

All up in my house, I'm gonna let it shine

Let it shine, shine, shine
Let it shine!


Out there in the dark
I'm gonna let it shine

Out there in the dark
I'm gonna let it shine

Out there in the dark
I'm gonna let it shine

Let it shine, shine, shine
Let it shine!



Thank you David for delivering the message. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discipleship, a Believer's OJT

Throw Some Salt on Me Brother

Women and the Book of Genesis